The Rantings of a Teenager in the Prime Crap-itude of High School

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Nostalgia?

Well... I was looking back at my blog (or rather at Eric and scott looking back at their blogs)
and have deided something (suprise!)

And I'm not going to tell you what it is.

Okay, maybe I will.

This is the 100th post so it'll be good. I promise. Sort of.

First:

We haven't really gotten more happy or less happy. It's just that we have become more absorbed. Ther is no real chance for us to just sit there and be in a happy stupor. or as Eric was, a happy, Halo-induced stupor.

Second: We really weren't that happy.

Sure there are some happy posts. But did you really enjoy 8th grade? (weirdo!)

But there were the random mood swings. Or maybe I'm just 6-14 months younger than you, and went through growht spurts at different times.

But there were some pretty virulent posts. Stupid people? that was Hilarious! but really mean!

Third: Why weren't you happy two weeks ago? Maybe you just don't remember it? Scott's the exception. None of us are consumed by teenage love like Scott is. Lucky....

And that was pretty good!

Now the virulent, unnecessary comment that will spark debate for the next two weeks:

"If I clicked random article on wikipedia and it took me to the HNoMS Valkyrjen does that mean I m going into the navy? Or the Norwegian Navy?"

#100
  1. Finally! It would have been better to happen on the 1 year anniversary of my blog, April 11, but who wants to wait that long?
  2. The number of verses in 99 bottles of beer on the wall.
  3. the last one until about 149 where I count the number!
  4. the one where I start song lyric of the day again!
" Bonito, todo me parece bonito
Bonita mañana
bonito lugar
bonita la cama
qué bien se ve el mar
bonito es el día
y acaba de empezar bonita la vida
respira, respira, respira"
$1 to the first non-Asif-person to translate the lyrics understandably [hint no translators will work, gotta go word-by-word](must go to IH or know me)

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Heh. Nice post.

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Scott said...

idk the last three are breath, breath, breath, right? or something like that?

i disagree. I remember being happier. Halo just pissed me off, so you can't use that excuse. I know I was very unhappy for a long time, I can't explain it. Like I said somewhere, I think i was depressed. Don't worry guys! I beat it!

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Eric said...

I know how you feel, sorta. I was naive and just kinda happy before Carmi. Then I was depressed. Now I'm starting to feel better. And I loved 8th grade. Carmi, remember?

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Asif said...

I don't know... I'm inclined to agree with Eric about 8th grade. It was like an R&R time before high school.

Also: Scrabble and Mathcounts. Those were good times.

10:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonito, todo me parece bonito
beautiful, everything seems beautiful to me
Bonita mañana
beautiful morning (or is it tomorrow?)
bonito lugar
beautiful place
bonita la cama
beautiful bed
qué bien se ve el mar
the sea looks so beautiful (fyi, there shouldn't be an accent in "que" because its not a question)
bonito es el día
the day is beautiful
y acaba de empezar bonita la vida
and life just started to be beautiful (i think this should be 'bonito es el dia/que acaba de empezar/bonita la vida' which would mean 'beautiful is the day that just began/life is beautiful')
respira, respira, respira
breathe, breathe, breathe

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Motor.On said...

great, now I can't pay you!

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home