Okay, Not much happening.
Hhmmm, whats a cool simile/metaphor that I can make up today?
How about this?
Bored like a board.
Okay, I should be shot for that, but I'm Not going to be. :-P
Almost done with Congo, Gotta finish that tonight. This weekend I can play VideoGames!
BF1942? Eric?
And Now, the meaningful part of the post. The Rant. (Notice the capitals)
Okay, the Orchestra is *terrible* Go band.
Being one of the ~24 who get the privelege to play with the orchestra, I experienced first hand the horrors of not playing in an ensemble.
It took the Orchestra 25 minutes after the bell to start playing. The band members were ready in 5!
Once we finally got to playing, It was obvious how the band is more rigid. Our Director, who is really cool, at least can keep a tempo! He is nice, but he forces you to try, and play. As Asif said, the orchestra director "skips the hard parts." Wow. The band members had never played the music (for non-musicians, that means you usually suck then), yet we sounded considerably better than the Orchestra, who had been playing it for two months. Notice a problem?
The thing is though, as individuals, the Orcehstra members could beat the Crap out of most of the band (Not Jacob, or some of them though). As a group though, the band sounds much better. We can deal with tempo fluctations, and quite well. We stay toghether throughout it. Unfortunately, though, the Orchestra doesn't make it through tempo flucuations, they ARE a tempo flucuation. 1..2.3.4....1......2.3...4
Wow. Oh well.
700d13s (toodles)
Motor.On
"Not to put too fine a point on it/Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet/Make a little birdhouse in you soul" -Birdhouse in Your Soul;TMBG;1990





3 Comments:
um... you basically need to shut your mouth because we are quite good, and Mrs. Putz is an amazing conductor
4:18 PM
okay jane
8:29 PM
I've never heard the orchastra play. What period is orchastra? If I can get a chance, maybe I'll come listen outside the door.
9:39 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home